New technology has allowed individual stories to be captured in an unparalleled level of detail. For the first time, viewers are immersed in incredible landscapes and share the most dramatic moments in the lives of animals. From spellbinding wildlife spectacle to intimate encounters, Planet Earth II will take you closer than ever before.
Planet Earth II presents video at 1080p (Blu-ray) and 2160p (Ultra HD Blu-ray) at 16.9 (1.78:1) widescreen aspect ratio. On both Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray, the soundtrack is offered in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. Extras include the 54-minute “Planet Earth Diaries” that shows how the footage was captured.
Planet Earth II Episodes:
- Green Worlds In the jungle, abundant heat, light and water create ideal conditions for life. But as a result this is the most competitive arena, home to a huge diversity of life.
- Dry Worlds Water may be the essence of life in the desert but it is also a source of great conflict.
- High Worlds Only the toughest can survive in a place half way towards outer space.
- Island Worlds With little competition, an island existence may seem idyllic, but isolation comes at a price. Adapting to new ways of life takes time.
- Open Worlds On the world’s vast and open grasslands, the best tactic seems to be eat and try not to get eaten.
- Urban Worlds Cities are the fastest growing habitat on Earth, but these brave new worlds offer fresh opportunities.
[amazon_link asins=’B000MRAAJM,B01N49JWWM,B01LTHYICS’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’API-user-hdr’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4a1c3b8a-d4b6-11e7-95b3-4b75cf063ffc’]