‘Hidden Figures’ Blu-ray, 4k Blu-ray, & Digital Release Dates
The 3-time Oscar-nominated film Hidden Figures is headed for home entertainment release. The movie will first be available in Digital HD on March 28th, followed by disc formats and On Demand two weeks later on April 11th.
On Blu-ray, Hidden Figures will release to Blu-ray and 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray in 2-disc combo editions. Like other 20th Century Fox titles, the Blu-ray will contain a DVD copy while the 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray will include a standard Blu-ray copy. Both editions will also insert a redemption code for a Digital HD copy that can be streamed or downloaded.
The Blu-rays are presented in 16:9 (2.39:1) widescreen aspect ratio in either 1080p (BD) or 2160p (UHD BD) with an English DTS-HD-MA 7.1 soundtrack. And, the 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray features High Dynamic Range (HDR) color as indicated by the “Ultra HD Premium” sticker on the case (we’ve yet to see the back of the packaging).
Bonus features include the multi-layered featurette “It All Adds Up – The Making of Hidden Figures,” production diary “Hidden Figures: Filming in Georgia,” gallery, deleted scenes, and audio commentary from Theodore Melfi and Taraji P. Henson.
The disc versions of Hidden Figures are currently priced $24.99 (Blu-ray), $29.99 (Ultra HD Blu-ray), and $14.99 (DVD) on Amazon.
Hidden Figures Special Features:
- It All Adds Up – The Making of Hidden Figures
- No Limits – The Life of Katherine Johnson
- The Right People for the Job*
- Recreating an Era – The Look of Hidden Figures*
- A Spiritual Journey – The Music of Hidden Figures*
- Moving the Decimal – Honoring Katherine Johnson
- Deleted Scenes*
- Hidden Figures: Filming in Georgia
- Audio Commentary by Theodore Melfi and Taraji P. Henson
*Available only on Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD and Digital HD.