‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Blu-ray & 3D Blu-ray Release Dates
Disney’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was one of the biggest film releases of last year, and soon the movie will be available on disc and digital for home media viewing. The Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray, and DVD will release on Tuesday, April 4, 2017, while the Digital HD copy will be available earlier on Friday, March 24, 2017.
The film will also be available in several exclusive editions from Target, Best Buy (4-disc), Walmart, and the Disney Store.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray are formatted in 1080p with a 24-bit DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 soundtrack. And, each edition includes a Digital copy to download or stream. So far, we have not heard of any plans for Star Wars films on 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray.
Bonus features are abound in this Disney release. We counted 11 featurettes with character profiles, movie concept, easter eggs and film facts, and an epilogue titled “The Story Continues.”
We’ll get you pricing once available.
‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Special Features:
- A Rogue Idea – You can hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe
[Editor’s Note: We inadvertently put 4k in the title instead of 3D. Thanks Darren! It does beg the question though, why not 4k?]
Available at Amazon