DISH Launches Flex Pack Skinny Bundle Starting At $39.99
Dish Network has launched a new Flex Pack option that costs $39.99 per month and includes a core package of 50 channels plus one additional channel pack from a selection of eight choices. Once subscribed, Dish customers can then change their add-on pack monthly or pay for additional channel packs that range in price from $4 to $10 per month.
The new Flex Pack is something many TV service subscribers have been asking for, and follows Dish’s solution of offering customized channel packages through their internet-delivered Sling TV service.
“Our customers are frustrated with having to pay for hundreds of channels, most of which they never watch,” said Warren Schlichting, DISH executive VP of Marketing, Programming and Media Sales.
Among the 50 or so selections, the core package may contain some channels subscribers may never watch, but nevertheless includes popular networks such as AMC, Cartoon Network, Discovery, HGTV, History, and TNT. But customers can also add on their choice of channels from selections like the Locals Pack, National Action Pack, or Kids Pack detailed below.
- Locals Pack ($10 per month): CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, as well as Univision and others based on the local market
- Variety Pack ($6 per month): Investigation Discovery, Lifetime Movie Network, Freeform, Bravo, BET, Crime & Investigation
- Kids Pack ($10 per month): Disney Channel, Disney Jr., Animal Planet, Nick Jr., Disney XD, Nicktoons, Boomerang, Baby TV
- National Action Pack ($10 per month): ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, Velocity, AXS TV, Fuse, TV Games Network, TVG2, Universal HD
- News Pack ($10 per month): FOX News Channel, MSNBC, Weather Channel, CNBC, FOX Business Network, BBC World News, Bloomberg, TheBlaze
- Heartland Pack ($6 per month): Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, GSN, OWN, Uplifting Entertainment, Discovery Family, Baby TV, PIXL, RFD-TV, Ride TV, FamilyNet
- Regional Action Pack ($10 per month): In-market regional sports network(s), Big Ten Network, FS2, Longhorn Network, Outside TV, Pac-12 Network, SEC Network, World Fishing Network, ESPN Buzzer Beater
- Outdoor Pack ($4 per month): Outdoor Channel, Outside TV, Sportsman Channel, World Fishing Network
Premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz are also available as add-ons for an additional fee.
The Flex Pack includes a standard DISH receiver, free installation and a two-year price guarantee for new customers. For an extra $10 per month new customers can upgrade to the more advanced Hopper 3 set-top box.